We are hiring!
JRNSW Community Engagement Officer – focus on Mt Druitt (4 days- This is an Aboriginal/Torres Strait Islander Identified position which is a genuine occupational qualification and is authorised under section 14(d) of the Anti-Discrimination Act 1977.)
The application package is can be downloaded here: JRNSW Community Engagement Officer Mt Druitt
There will be training and development available as part of this role.
If you have an inquiry in relation to these roles, please contact Alanna Reneman via firstname.lastname@example.org or call on 0449 848 859
Applications close: Monday, 20 July 2020.
Please circulate this position through your networks.
Just Reinvest NSW works alongside communities to support a justice reinvestment (JR) approach to lowering interactions of young people with the criminal justice system and create better outcomes for young people and their families. Just Reinvest NSW’s approach is to support place-based and data-driven initiatives that are devised and driven by the community.
We are looking for a person with a passion for Mt Druitt and who wants to be part of working towards local Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community-led change. We have created a 12-month temporary Community Engagement Officer position to support our work in the Mt Druitt region of Western Sydney. The role of the Community Engagement Officer is to explore whether and how a community-led justice reinvestment approach to lowering interactions with the criminal justice system may work in Mt Druitt.
The Community Engagement Officer will use their experience and understanding of Mt Druitt to:
- work with community members, community organisations, services, government and other stakeholders to help build a better understanding of justice reinvestment;
- explore how a justice reinvestment approach might support the Mt Druitt community;
- support local Just Reinvest NSW and other related projects and initiatives that help lower interactions of young people with the justice system.
A focus of this role is to ensure the experiences, expertise and aspirations of young Aboriginal people in Mt Druitt are at the centre of the engagement work.
THE RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE POSITION INCLUDE:
- Working with the Mt Druitt community to create strong, trusted relationships and support better understanding of community-led justice reinvestment.
- Engage and support partnerships in Mt Druitt with key community groups and stakeholders including youth services and emerging young leaders.
- Work with the Just Reinvest NSW team to plan and implement community engagement and communications strategies in Mt Druitt. This may include creating and distributing communications materials.
- Work closely with, and support Just Reinvest NSW’s Mt Druitt Youth Engagement Officers and Youth Ambassadors.
- Support emerging community-led justice reinvestment initiatives in other communities, as required.