Just Reinvest NSW Announces New CEO Geoff Scott
REDFERN, SYDNEY: Today, Just Reinvest NSW (JR NSW) announced the appointment of new Chief Executive Officer Mr Geoff Scott. A Wiradjuri man from Narromine Mr Scott has over twenty-five years’ experience working in the public service and more than ten years in Aboriginal community organisations.
“Geoff is well placed to lead Just Reinvest NSW into the next phase of growth whilst consolidating the great work already in progress across our Moree & Mt Druitt community teams,” said Jack Beetson, Chair JR NSW.
“I am honoured to take on what is one of the most critical issues facing Aboriginal communities in New South Wales. Just Reinvest NSW has a model that prioritises community ownership over the local solutions to Aboriginal incarceration and advocates for systemic changes,” said Mr Geoff Scott.
Previous roles held by Mt Scott include:
- Director, Uluru Dialogue
- CEO of New South Wales Aboriginal Land Council (NSWALC)
- CEO of Darkinjung Local Aboriginal Land Council
- CEO National Congress of Australia’s First Peoples
- Deputy CEO of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Commission (ATSIC)
- Distinguished Professor (Public & Social Policy) UTS
- Chair of the Australian Indigenous Leadership Centre
- Director-General of the NSW Department of Aboriginal Affairs
For more information contact James Nichols, JR NSW, M: 0499 686 157 E: email@example.com
Just Reinvest NSW supports Aboriginal communities to explore and establish justice reinvestment initiatives and advocates for systemic changes that build safer and stronger communities.
Our goal is to reduce Aboriginal incarceration in NSW. We work alongside Aboriginal communities to support place-based, community-led and data driven approaches to inform local solutions, such as devising local ‘justice circuit-breakers’.